In 1874, the 65,000-square-foot building served as an iron plating shop and later as the old Philadelphia Cruise Terminal. Today, Building 3 includes the offices and photo studios for URBN’s Free People brand.
Project highlights for Building 3 feature:
- Raised floor slap in office area
- Repointing brick to match original
- Restored all original windows
- Reclaimed two, 10-ton cranes in original space
- Houses water and power utilities for URBN with clean energy program with Bloom Fuel Cells, which sends electricity generated back to the Navy Yard electrical grid
- Reclaimed hardwood floor throughout the building