Blue Rock Construction delivered a new 72,000-square-foot facility for Bimbo Bakeries USA in Conshohocken, Pa.
The new building serves as its main distribution center in the Mid-Atlantic for a dozen of the company’s brands, including Entenmann’s, Stroehmann, Maier’s, Sara Lee, Artesano, Thomas’, and Arnold.
Most of the sale center is devoted to distribution and includes office space and a delivery-vehicle service area. The facility features 72 loading dock positions.
The building also integrates sustainability measures that align with Bimbo Bakeries USA’s current and future initiatives. Some of the sustainability features include:
- Daylight harvesting window panels to reduce the need for artificial lighting during the day
- LED lighting throughout the facility with motion detection
- HVAC systems with high SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) ratings to ensure productive, safe, and environmentally friendly systems
- Water fixtures and toilets with low flow
- 42 new LPG (Liquid Propane Gas) units, adding to the 40 units that already run for that depot
Construction of the pre-engineered metal building was completed within nine months.